2 column top bar

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks 2 column top bar

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mmjaeger 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mmjaeger
    Participant

Hello

I basically like to have title and description on the left and navigation on the right like it’s done in the balance theme.

How can I do this – I went thru the functions file of the balance theme but I didn’t get any hints?

thanks

Susan

In the balance theme, that’s a custom menu that has been added to the header right. There are a lot of themes which use the header right function.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

mmjaeger
    Participant

and what’s the header right – some widget??

Susan

The header right is a widget area. Which theme are you using? If your theme doesn’t have a header right, it might have been commented out, because I’m trying to think of a theme which doesn’t have one, and am hard pressed to come up with one :)

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

mmjaeger
    Participant

I’m using the Genesis sample 2.0 – added the theme support for the right header and it works – however it leads to an error in the code while looking for a picture called header.img – commenting this line ‘default-image’       => sprintf( $args[‘header_image’], get_stylesheet_directory_uri() ), in the main header.php file solves the issue.

Am I supposed to provide some header.png file when adding theme support for header right?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.