2 or 3 column category page listing in Minimum Theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion 2 or 3 column category page listing in Minimum Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  pauldewouters 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

wolfcoach
    Participant

How do I get the category listing page in the Minimum theme to display as 2 or 3 columns? Right now, it is displaying only 1 column and I would prefer it be multiple columns.

Susan

This tutorial should help:

How to use Content Column Classes

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

wolfcoach
    Participant

Thanks for the reply, but this addresses text-columns such as those within posts and pages.  I am referring to the category listing of a series of posts which have been tagged with a specific category (i.e. http://capefearwilmington.com/category/cape-fear-business-break/).  Right now, when you go to a category page, it puts all of the posts categorized under that heading into a 1-column feed.  I’d prefer to make that a 2 or 3 column feed if possible.

Thanks!

Robert Neu
    Participant

You need to replace the default loop with the Genesis Grid Loop on that category. You can either do this by adding some code to your functions.php file or you can use this handy plugin by Bill Erickson:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/genesis-grid-loop/

If you would prefer to do it without a plugin or this doesn’t work for you, please let me know and I’ll help you get it working.

Co-Founder of Audit WP, a WordPress SEO audit service and Flagship, a new WordPress theme company launching soon!

pauldewouters
    Participant

I agree with FAT media – use Bill Erickson’s grid loop plugin, it will save you some headaches

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.