301 Redirect to Custom 404page? AAAHHHH!

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks 301 Redirect to Custom 404page? AAAHHHH!

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Summer 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

stepheniryna
    Participant

Well, the 404 template is Genesis, but not in Dynamik.

Are you advising to delete the Genesis 404 template?

Or if I copy and paste all code to 404.php, will everything update there if I make a change on my site like a sidebar widget? Or does it just stay the way it was when I pasted it in?

Summer
    Participant

If you paste your content into the 404.php in the theme folder (properly wrapped in php of course), and it uses the same sidebars as the other templates/rest of your site (meaning you don’t remove them like on a landing page), then yes it should be the same.

From my understanding, Dynamik should generate what you need, and if it’s working, it should always work unless you remove Dynamik from your site. If that’s working now, you should be good to go.

This is one of those cases where there are several solutions, and depending on what you need, there isn’t one solution that’s better or more “right” than another.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.