A few CSS questions?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks A few CSS questions?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Christina 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

spoll
    Participant

Hi-

I’m really trying very hard to edit my site through CSS and although some things are fairly straight forward and somewhat intuitive, I find myself more often than not struggling for hours and then hoping to find an answer here. So It’s become quite clear that I need to learn CSS first.

Any thoughts on where to start so that I may pick up a few skills at least?

Thanks-
    Scott

http://spolltest.com

AC
    Blocked

I taught myself using Firebug for Firefox. Once you get the hang of that – you’ll be moving right along!

spoll
    Participant

I’ve been using them and as I’ve mentioned still no luck.

For instance, I’ve been struggling for an hour with how to simply change the color of the prices from black to red on the home page without making all fonts red.

Also, trying to get some air between the text widgets and image widgets without affecting the entire site.

There has to be something other than Firebug to learn how to achieve that, no?

AC
    Blocked
    This reply has been marked as private.

Christina
    Participant

I took Katrina’s CSS course at Pugly Pixel, and I highly recommend it. It’s only $25 and she covers all of the basics.

Lynda.com is a fantastic resource as well. I haven’t taken any CSS courses there, but they do have a fundamentals class. It’s also $25 for one month access. (The bonus with Lynda is that you have access to each and every class they offer for the whole month–careful, it gets addictive if you like learning.)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.