A little lost – Magazine theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks A little lost – Magazine theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Debra Scott 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

nymills
    Participant

I’m not new to WP themes, having used prepackaged themes, but I am new to Studiopress. I know it’s a developers tool and love the freedom, capacity and toolset of Studiopress to customize everything. I’m not a coder and have Genesis Extender to help that.

I’m trying to get my head wrapped around how to better work with these themes and create the Home or main page starting with the Magazine theme and a little lost. Are there some tutorials out there to better understand this process?
    Lastly, the page I’ve been working on doesn’t look as wide as the demo theme, although pixels measure the same. Here’s the link for one of the pages I was working on – http://telestorypictures.com/longislandvideoproductions2/case-studies/?

Debra Scott

your page is just the same it looks different because of the way the stories are laid out.

The first thing you will want to do is go to Settings – Reading in your WordPress dashboard and then set to My Lastest Posts

Next from your StudioPress download area click on Getting Started in the same row as your Magazine download this is the set tutorial area.

need help with your business or personal website? Contact me at Fat Cat Designs

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Debra Scott.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Debra Scott.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.