Ad Blocker

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Robin 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Robin
    Participant

Wondering if there is any way to fix this.  Ad blocker prevents the ad at the top from showing which pulls the page up but does not pull up the background which is part of the navigation menu–hence, the navigation menu does not show where it should and since menus are in white it further prevents it.

Here is a screenshot – http://wholenewmom.com/adblocker.jpg

Here is the website – http://wholenewmom.com

Thanks,

Robin

Robin
    Participant

It’s because the stripes which are supposed to be behind your navigation are part of the body background image–since the content of the entire page moves up when the ads are not visible, but the background image is set at a certain height, the navigation ends up moving above where the stripes are. I would look into doing the stripes as part of the nav css so they will move with it and changing the main body background. HTH

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

AC
    Blocked

You should probably check your plugin settings. I know some of the ad plugins have a setting that if an ad is not available don’t place anything in there which means the space wouldn’t be there at all. You should probably ask the Adblocker plugin developer this question and share the images.

Robin
    Participant

Thanks, Robin, Thanks, Anitac.

Ad blocker is a plugin for browsers not a wordpress plugin.

I knew that the problem was that the nav background was built into the body background.  I did make the nav background with the stripes and it will pull up but the body background still stays there so it looks all wonkie.

Trying to figure out how to make the entire body background pull up if the page/content pulls up.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Robin

Robin
    Participant

It may not be the answer you want, but I would remove the body background image altogether and style the navigation. Then you don’t have the alignment issues.

The logo on the site is really pretty, by the way.

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

Robin
    Participant

Thanks, Robin!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.