add a "featured post" gallery to top of a blog page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks add a "featured post" gallery to top of a blog page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  szoumbaris 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lliillaa
    Participant

I’m using the Prose child theme. I want the home page to show a kind of gallery that shows a group of articles all of a certain category (for example “featured post”) that rotates between 5 or so posts that shows the Featured Photo. I want this above a blog page that shows the 5 (0r so) most recent articles posted on the site.

I’ve seen gallery widgets that do this, but I don’t know how to add them above the blog portion of the page and if they would be compatible with Genesis.

Anita
    Participant

Please post a link to your website so we can take a look at what you have so far.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

lliillaa
    Participant

This is what I have so far:

http://adamunofficial.com/

szoumbaris
    Participant

I want the same setup, which I have using education child theme and genesis responsive slider. You can see it here:

http://www.protennisweb.com

The problem is that the slider has front slider category posts, which works great, but the blog entries on the front display the newest, so those posts are duplicated just underneath. How do I stop those front slider category posts from showing up on the front page below the slider, which just displays the front slider category. (hope this makes sense)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.