add a 'leave a comment' link at end of posts

Community Forums Forums General Discussion add a 'leave a comment' link at end of posts

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  karlaarcher 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

karlaarcher
    Participant

I’d like to add ‘please leave a comment’ or something of the sort to the end of each post, == linking to the the comments would be even more awesome.

Any thought on how?

anitac
    Participant

Please post a link to your website. Thank you.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

karlaarcher
    Participant

I added the Comments Policy Box code (below) to the functions and edited it (my client really just wants a call to action to leave a comment; doesn’t have to link) but it’s not showing.

/** Add a comment policy box */
    add_action( 'genesis_after_comments', 'single_post_comment_policy' );
    function single_post_comment_policy() {
        if ( is_single() && !is_user_logged_in() && comments_open() ) {
        ?>
        <div class="comment-policy-box">
            <p class="comment-policy"><small><strong>Comment Policy:</strong>Your words are your own, so be nice and helpful if you can. Please, only use your real name and limit the amount of links submitted in your comment. We accept clean XHTML in comments, but don't overdo it please.</small></p>   
        </div>   
        <?php
        }
    }

anitac
    Participant

Morning, sorry I didn’t respond last night! I fell asleep. Anyway, take a look at this, it should help you.

http://my.studiopress.com/snippets/comments/#policy-box

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

karlaarcher
    Participant

That’s what I added last night, but it didn’t show up.

The thing is, I’d just a link that says ‘leave a comment’ at the end of each post on the homepage and on the blog page that takes you to the individual post page. Right now, on the home page there is nothing below the post and my client is requesting that specifically.

http://www.graspingforobjectivity.com/ is the link.

anitac
    Participant

When I go here – http://www.graspingforobjectivity.com/2013/02/one-thorough-butt-wipe.html I see the comment area… if they were to change the Settings > Discussion to – users need to be logged in to comment – a message will appear to that effect – You need to be logged in to comment.” Also, you can use the Genesis Simple Hooks to get that message to show up. Are you familiar with that?

karlaarcher
    Participant

Thanks Anitac!

I ended up putting [post_comments] in the meta tag. Issue solved. I was totally over thinking this…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.