Add Additional Color Style to News Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Add Additional Color Style to News Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dianne
    Participant

I’m trying to add Tan to the color styles in the News theme. I added the Tan notation as below, but I get the message “Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ‘)’ in /home4/marianna/public_html/findyourfamilyhistory.com/wp-content/themes/news/functions.php on line 25″ (Line 25 is the one with the Tan notes.

/** Create additional color style options */
    add_theme_support( ‘genesis-style-selector’, array(
    ‘news-green’ => ‘Green’,
    ‘news-orange’ => ‘Orange’,
    ‘news-pink’ => ‘Pink’,
    ‘news-purple’ => ‘Purple’,
    ‘news-red’ => ‘Red’,
    ‘news-teal’ => ‘Teal’,
    ‘news-tan’ => ‘Tan’,
    ) );

I assume it wants “)” but I’m not sure where to put it. Can anyone please help?

Thanks, Dianne

emasai
    Participant

I’m no PHP guru, but try it without the last comma after ‘Tan’

Need Website Customization or a Responsive CSS fix? Contact Me
    Lynne emasai.com

Dianne
    Participant

Thanks, Lynne. But I just tried it and I still get that error. I appreciate the suggestion, though.

braddalton
    Participant

If i copy and paste that code into a functions file to test it, it would return an error anyway because all the apostrophes have turned around.

Can you please paste the code from your functions file into a Github Gist or Pastebin and link to it from here.

This code is tested and works. Please copy the code from the view raw link and paste it at the end of your child themes functions.php file using a text editor like Notepad++

https://gist.github.com/braddalton/7189827

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.