add class divs to added widgets

Community Forums Forums General Discussion add class divs to added widgets

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stubbzee 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Stubbzee
    Participant

I am new to WordPress and the genesis framework 2.0 sample theme but managed to find how to add widgets from others helpful tutorials. I just duplicated what I found for one widget, changing the names so apologies if that is not good.
    I am stuck though as I want the two widgets to be styled:
    <div class="one-half first"> and div class="one-half"
    Could someone kindly help please, here is the code I added to the function.php; the widgets show but just aren’t styled as the two genesis responsive columns.

add_action( 'genesis_before_content_sidebar_wrap', 'homepage_feature_left', 8 );
     function homepage_feature_left() {
     if ( is_front_page() && is_active_sidebar( 'homepage-feature-left' ) ) {
     echo '

';
     dynamic_sidebar( 'homepage-feature-left' );
     echo '

';
     }
     }

add_action( 'genesis_before_content_sidebar_wrap', 'homepage_feature_right', 9 );
     function homepage_feature_right() {
     if ( is_front_page() && is_active_sidebar( 'homepage-feature-right' ) ) {
     echo '

';
     dynamic_sidebar( 'homepage-feature-right' );
     echo '

';
     }
     }

anitac
    Participant

Please post a link to your site so we can take a look.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Stubbzee
    Participant

Hi anitac.
    It is in the early stages of development and I apologise, a mess but thank you for your offer of help.
    I just do not like the wide screen, large font, massive spacing, that WordPress has by default, it looks like sites from the late 90′s/2000, so I am attempting to constrain it, however on the history page that has not worked for me as a sidebar-content-sidebar layout but that’s another issue. If you need the link, I would be grateful for your div help to position the two widget addins under the menu:

http://dev.devongolfcaptains.org.uk/

The slider is the left widget and the forthcoming events needs to be to the right of it before the full width content. I guess I may need different classes as the width split should be about 70% 30%
    Thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.