Add content box after post-meta

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Add content box after post-meta

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SoZo 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

alex2k5
    Participant

I’ve searched around, can’t figure this one out.

I’d like to add custom content (php/html/etc) AFTER the post-meta div. I’ve seen how to remove post meta, and alter post-meta, but not add something AFTER post-meta.

I’ve successfully added this content after genesis_after_post_content using the hook.

add_action('genesis_after_post_content','functionname');

Question is, how does one do this for areas that aren’t specified in the hooks?

I’d like to know the process in general, for this specific situation, but also because I will need to do this several more times during my build out.

Thanks!

SoZo

There should be hooks to place things most anywhere. Where are you trying to add something?

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

alex2k5
    Participant

Directly after the post-meta div. Which comes after the post_content area. When i hook it into genesis_after_post_content, I get

content
    new data
    post-mea

I want

content
    post-meta
    new data

Thanks.

SoZo

You should be getting the latter. What is the URL? And what is the full function?

alex2k5
    Participant

I think I actually got it, right before you posted that. I added 100 to the end of the line, I saw something mentioning ordering, didn’t/don’t fully quite get it yet, but figured I’d try it out, did the trick.

add_action('genesis_after_post_content','functionname',100);

Now I just need to go research why that worked, what it did fully.

I have the site blocked to all but my IP with a construction message because it’s in development, but if you want to take a look, LMK your IP if you are comfortable with that. Thanks!

SoZo

That’s a priority number. You can learn about that and the other add_action parameters here.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.