Add edited template from edit theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Add edited template from edit theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  keconomos@sbcglobal.net 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

keconomos@sbcglobal.net
    Participant

I copied home.php to static-home.php with the intention of editing it. I opened static-home.php in the “themes -edit” panel. I placed the

/*
    Template Name: static homepage
    */

but there was nowhere to click save after editing- no way to save edits made. What am I missing?

essaysnark
    Participant

If the Update button was missing, it could be due to a file permissions issue on the server.

keconomos@sbcglobal.net
    Participant

I am working on both a local test platform and www server. I hadn’t considered that it might be a server issue- but I would think that agentpress would still show the button even if it was inoperable. I will check on both my local and www server.

I was able to use an editor program and save the file- after I saved it, it did show up in the template list in agentpress- so I do have a work around and I probably will be using the editor program (Coda 2) more than the simple editing interface in agentpress for most of the advanced editing.

Thanks for your reply

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.