Add featured image to Category in Minimum Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Add featured image to Category in Minimum Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Tomchalky
    Participant

Hi guys,

I have coded my minimum theme to look like this , with the title of the page/post to feature centre of the full width featured image. I wanted to know if there were a snippet that I can append to enable this to happen on all of my archive/category pages and potentially the search pages (search query showing up top).

The featured image can remain the same, or could be grabbed from the latest article, either way just want to know if this is possible.

The only way I have found around this is this tutorial by Brian Gardner which includes creating a page for every category, however my archive pages have fairly good page rankings. So before throwing all that away, thought i’d try here first.

http://inspirationhut.net

braddalton
    Participant

You can create a portfolio style archive page for all your categories.

Wrote about this last week.

The link to each category archive page will remain the same even though you will need create an archive page template for each.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Tomchalky
    Participant

Hey Brad,

Thanks for your quick reply again! Could you link to where you wrote about it? I think I need some elaboration.

Cheers,

braddalton
    Participant

This is the tutorial. The code would need to be tweaked as the width is a little different for the minimum theme. 1140 to 1080.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.