Add featured images to Genesis child theme archive page?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Add featured images to Genesis child theme archive page?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Marcy 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

braddalton
    Participant

Its included in the plugin and simply needs activating.

The best way to do this is to create a custom page template with the code in it.

Send me the plugin and i’ll see what i can do.

pattyayers
    Participant

[braddalton wrote via email:]
    Ok
    What i did was code a custom template for this with 2 custom functions for displaying the featured images on product categories.
    Attached is an example of the before and after shots.
    This took some time and effort so I can’t provide it for free.
    If you want this template my fee is $50.
    The entry meta can easily be removed as well.
    Let me know.
    Thanks – Brad Dalton

http://wpsites.net

Brad, I wasn’t looking to hire someone, and had no idea you were planning to charge for helping. I had understood this to be a user-to-user community discussion forum.

Patty

Marcy
    Participant

Hi, Patty,

[Wow! I didn't think the whole Gist would paste here! Sorry about that; I just pasted the link.]

I don’t know if you have this solved or not. I think I added the image a couple of months ago to a demo theme for a client, but can’t find my notes. I ended up adding a new template for the category pages that is similar to the store layout, well, the client wanted a three across.

The rough demo is here for the category called Collections: http://amethystwebsitedesign.com/clients/lad/product-category/collections/

The page I started with is here:

The template itself – taxonomy-it_exchange_category.php – goes in your child theme folder.
    You can add the store CSS directly to your child theme style.css or you can create a directory called: exchange and create a file called style.css in there for your Exchange styles.

You probably don’t need all the store styles, but that’s all I can do at the moment.

I hope this helps you. I’ll try to find the other template I used for just adding the image to a normal Genesis archive.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Marcy.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Marcy. Reason: added links :-/
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Marcy.
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Marcy. Reason: added links :-/

pattyayers
    Participant

Hi Marcy,

Thanks very much for this. Here’s what transpired in the meantime. When I wasn’t able to get it figured out, I actually checked on the specifications for the site and found out that I could work around it and not use an archive page with thumbnails.

But I really appreciate you sharing this and I will definitely save it in case I need to do this later with this site. Glad to know that others are using Genesis + Exchange successfully.

Thanks again,
    Best,
    Patty

Marcy
    Participant

Hi, Party,
    I’m glad you have it to your liking now.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.