Add Full Screen responsive slider to Parallax Pro

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Add Full Screen responsive slider to Parallax Pro

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 12 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  archers 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

kimmiemcc

I’d like to use a series of images at the top of the homepage on Parallax Pro. Adding a slider is easy. The trick is that I want the div where the slider is to fill the screen of any device it’s on. So, I want to go beyond having the theme being responsive and have that top div respond to completely fill the screen on a desktop, in portrait or landscape view on an ipad, etc. Then I want the user to be able to scroll down from there to view the rest of the homepage. As it stands, the top div in Parallax Pro does not fill the screen in portrait view on an ipad.

I can understand the CSS if I can get pointed in the right direction, thanks! :)

Just as an example, this is what I am trying to achieve for the top div: southernseaventures.com But I want to add more content beneath the slider you see and swipe functionality.

kimmiemcc

P.S. That’s not the site I am working on, just an example of the homepage experience I want (minus the additional content I am trying to add without losing the full screen slider). I haven’t yet purchased Parallax Pro because I need to know if I can achieve this first.

abbypanda
    Participant

I’d like to know this as well.

marketingfrosting
    Participant

I would like to know too!

willemvonr

Me too@! for me it does not need to fill the whole page but the slider just needs to fill home section 1. Anyone???

rikverhoeven

AAh yes! This is exactly my question as well. Is there some genius who knows how to figure this out?
    Would be much appreciated.

Thanks! Rik

designbytracy
    Participant

Anyone solve this?

Tom
    Participant

Have you seen Sridhar’s tut doing this/similar with Modern Portfolio Pro?

Full width Soliloquy slider with Header floating on the top in Genesis

Choose your next site design from over 350 Genesis themes.
    Updates via GenesisThemes.ca | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr

designbytracy
    Participant

Look what Sridhar just posted!

Full width Slider in Parallax Pro

lbdesign
    Participant

Has anyone used the ideas in these tutorials to implement a different slider, like layerslider from codecanyon? Did it work just the same?

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  lbdesign.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  lbdesign.

archers
    Participant

I would also like to know… is it possible to implement any of the following sliders from CodeCanyon in to Genesis Framework or any StudioPress theme ?

Slider Revolution Responsive WordPress Plugin
    RoyalSlider – Touch Content Slider for WordPress
    LayerSlider Responsive WordPress Slider Plugin

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  archers.
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  archers.

genwrock

@archers & @lbdesign Yes. you can use CodeCanyon plugin like Layerslider, Rev slider, Royal Slider. First you will look the sridhar’s tut and create a widget area ‘Home Slider’. Then you will drag & drop the Text Widget and add the slider shortcode there which is providing by slider’s plugin.

See My PRO Genesis Child Themes | Need Genesis Developer? | Follow Me on Twitter

archers
    Participant

Ok great thanks for a quick response :)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.