Add Google Fonts to Prose

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Add Google Fonts to Prose

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Natalie 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

christyhalsell
    Participant

I want the post headline and sidebar titles to be a google font (allura). I added
    <link href=’http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Allura’ rel=’stylesheet’ type=’text/css’>
    to the header script.
    I added the @import into the css after the theme info.
    I added the allura code here:
    #content h2 {
    font-family: ‘Allura’, cursive;
    }
    and here:
    #sidebar h2, #sidebar h2 a, #sidebar-alt h2, #sidebar-alt h2 a {
    color: #222222;
    font-size: 18px;
    font-weight: normal;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    text-decoration: none;
    }
    and here:
    #sidebar h4, #sidebar-alt h4 {
    color: #222222;
    font-size: 16px;
    font-weight: normal;
    margin: 0 0 5px 0;
    padding: 0 0 3px 0;
    border-bottom: 1px dotted #AAAAAA;
    }
    When the minify css button is unchecked, the font shows up but the size and colors are wrong.
    When the minify css button is checked the font goes back to regular and the size and colors are right.
    I am on Prose, but there is no custom CSS option so all edits are in the stylesheet.

Uggg. What’s going on?

This is a temporary site that I am getting ready for someone. Minify CSS is currently unchecked.

http://66.147.244.77/~kareneya/

Natalie
    Participant

I’m seeing the correct font on the #content h2 tags, but I don’t see any #sidebar tags at all. Did you deactivate the sidebar widgets?

christyhalsell
    Participant

I just set up a sidebar widget, hadn’t set any up yet. But like I said, the font shows up fine as long as the minify CSS box is unchecked, but the font color and size are off. Then if the box is checked the font is wrong but the size and color are right.

Natalie
    Participant

I’m not sure why the minify would affect things. Best guess, activating it may be altering which css styles are loaded first, causing a hierarchy problem.

When I look at your site, I’m seeing the styles you posted above active. The #content h2 tag above doesn’t specify a color so I’m not sure what it’s supposed to be. For me it’s #222 and the font-size is 26px. I don’t see any #sidebar h2s to check, but the #sidebar h4 style showing for me on Google Chrome is the exact one as you posted above.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.