Add Home Middle widget in associate child Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Add Home Middle widget in associate child Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bbowker 2 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

bbowker
    Participant

Hi Guys, Hope you can help me with this design.

I am designing a website using associated child theme. This Theme has 3 home-middle widget by default.  I would like to have 7 Home Middle widget. so 3 on first row, next 3 on second row and last 1 on third row. I want to keep default size (do not want to change width or height of widget). Can you please advise me how i can add another 4 home middle widget.

Thanks

sahdow
    Participant

Depending on exactly what you are trying to do, you don’t need to add extra widgets areas to the code (perhaps last one #7 if you want it full width).

Just add two text widgets to each widget container and you have the first 6.

If you don’t care about the width, add a 3rd text widget to the widget area 1 and you have seven widget boxes.

If you want the 7th widget area full width, that’s a different story.

AC
    Blocked

Look for those areas in the functions.php file under the Register area – copy and paste what you want under there – then rename the ones you copied to say #4, #5, #6 and also copy the top widget area (full) so you can use that one in the bottom. You will have to copy/paste again home.php and in your CSS. It’s pretty much a copy and paste type thing. Just review your files.

bbowker
    Participant

Hi Guys sorry for late reply.

@Sahdow your method worked for me. Thank you very much for that.

@anitac thank you for your response but Sahdow’s method worked so i did not tried your solution.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.