Add Image to page title in Minimum theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Add Image to page title in Minimum theme

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

skstudio
    Participant

Hi, I want to add a small image next to the entry-title for each page.  New to studiopress, so need a bit of guidance.  Thanks in advance!

braddalton
    Participant

The same image or a thumbnail of your posts featured image?

Left or right aligned?

Paste a link to your site and the image here please

2getmein2
    Participant

Hello, I recently purchased a SP template. I have virtually no geek-blood at all and would like to hire a website programer for SP. My goal is make the site more lead-generation oriented. If anyone can help you are welcome to email me at lou@nobsgc.com .

Thank you in advance.

Lou

skstudio
    Participant

Brad, thanks for replying. The site is here The picture will be left aligned next to the entry-title. The tree in the sidebar is the big picture and I’ll be making a smaller size that will be reduced to a small image and uploaded to the media library. The plan is to have this image and the entry-title be on all pages except the home page. An example is here that has images on both sides of the entry-title (another theme).
    Any ideas are welcomed. Thanks!

skstudio
    Participant

Image is here: picture

braddalton
    Participant

Better to use a high qaulity image the same hieght as your h1 entry title with a transparent background.

Add the full url to your image in the code before pasting it.

Paste this at the end of your child themes style.css file:
    [css]
    .entry-title {
    background-image: url(full url to image goes here);
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    padding:0 0 4px 50px;
    }
    [/css]

You may need to adjust the padding http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_padding.asp

skstudio
    Participant

Brad, Thanks so much! I added the CSS you provided and it’s a winner! I will replace my current image with a better one per your suggestion. Click here to see the results. Thanks again for taking the time.

braddalton
    Participant
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.