Add logo to Pretty Pictures navbar?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Add logo to Pretty Pictures navbar?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ezines
    Participant

How do I add a logo to the Pretty Pictures navbar?

It’s okay of the logo’s width has to be limited so the theme will still owrk on mobile devices.

ezines
    Participant

Anyone have a clue?

hipstershaun
    Participant

I think the best/easiest way to do that is to add a menu item to the beginning of the menu and assign it a custom id (#logo perhaps). then style it with the your logo as a background image, the width you need and push the text out of view. If it needs more height just add some top & bottom padding to all the links within the menu. (all of them, not just the #logo, so they still line up nicely) Make it link back to your homepage as that’s what most visitors will expect.

Susan

You might want to also consider creating a navigation bar (maybe in Photoshop), with your logo at the center of it.

StudioPress has a free navigation bar, which might not be what you’re looking for, but the reason I’m including it is that they do include suggestions for including it in your code, so you could create your own, and then follow the instructions to help you in terms of placing the it in your CSS.

http://www.studiopress.com/tips/use-navigation-bars.htm

Just a thought.

Good luck!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.