Add my header image to the Minimum Genesis theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Add my header image to the Minimum Genesis theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  OliveBurbank 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Herrin
    Participant

Am trying to add our own header to the Minimum theme – it only seems to allow for a 100pixel high image by 1140px.

I want to add a 1140 by 376 px image to be on every page as well as maintaining the mobile responsiveness of the theme. I go to Appearance >> Header.

I’ve managed to find the 100px declaration in the functions.php file and change it to 376 but it still does not show the correct height on the front end.

I assume some code or CSS is making this happen?

Thanks,

No matter where you are, there you are.

http://stevenmaccormack.com/

AC
    Blocked

Yes, look for the height in the CSS and change it there. Also, you may need to re-upload your header again.

Herrin
    Participant

Thanks for your reply

Ok I updated this at line 185

#header {
    background-position: top center!important;
    margin: 0 auto;
    min-height: 376px;
    overflow: hidden;
    width: 1140px;
    }

Now when I resize the header the header space stays at 376px and it does not resize to fit the image container.

Re-added header image as well and still same behaviour.

Thanks for any help. I usually don’t have so much trouble with Genesis themes.

No matter where you are, there you are.

OliveBurbank
    Participant

I am trying to change the header size in the Minimum theme – it only allows for a 1140px image by 100px. – Same issue as above. I cannot change the header height to 256px.

I have changed it under
    /* Header
    ———————————————————— */
    /* Image Header – Partial Width
    ———————————————————— */
    even added
    #header{
    width: 722px;
    height:256px;
    }

I added the png file to the theme images as header.png.

I still can’t get the Appearance/Header to change the size from 1140 x 100 to 1140 x 256.

I, also, would appreciate any assistance in resolving this issue.

Thank you.

AC
    Blocked

Open up the functions and look for 1140 x 100. Change the 100 to 256 and save it. Then upload your header image again.

OliveBurbank
    Participant

Thank you for your assistance. I did make the changes –
    /** Add support for custom header */
    /** Changed Add support for custom header height from 100 to 256*/
    add_theme_support( ‘genesis-custom-header’, array(
    ‘width’ => 1140,
    ‘height’ => 256
    ) );
    I removed all images from the Medial Library
    The Appearance/Header reflected 1140 x 256 – However, when I uploaded the image the crop/publish would only allow half of the height. I literally had to change the height from 256 to 405 for it to highlight the whole height of 256. Of course that was to big.

I have changed the image it is now height 205px – changed the functions – tried to load the image again. Appearance would reflect the size correctly but when it came to cropping it cut the height by 50%.

I continued to try many things – and thought I would write for more advice when I tried by more thing. the image width was not 1140 but 578. I change the functions to reflect width of 578..

Removed all images, upload the image file again and there it was – perfect. Functions now reflect Height 578 and Width 205. I honestly did not think that the width remaining as 1140 would effect the process.

Again, thank you for your assistance.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.