Add Search to Nav Like this Page in Prose

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Add Search to Nav Like this Page in Prose

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gary10 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Gary10
    Participant

Hi, I’d like to add a search field to nav just like this forum page. Thank for your help.

essaysnark
    Participant

Hey Gary – I’m not seeing a site linked to your message, however one way to get what you may be looking for would be from Genesis -> Theme Settings. In the Primary Navigation section, turn on the Extras option and choose Search Form from the dropdown menu.

If that’s not what you’re after, please write back with more details and include a link to what you want.

Gary10
    Participant

Hi Essaysnark. What I’m looking for is the nav with search right on this page. Look above. Thanks, Gary

essaysnark
    Participant

Uh… look above at what? There’s no URLs in this thread.

wendycholbi
    Participant

Gary, I assume that you mean the search bar that appears right here on the StudioPress forum navigation bar. That’s why you said “look above,” right?

Essaysnark’s instructions are exactly right — Genesis has a built-in feature that adds a search form to the navigation bar.

If you follow those instructions and you don’t get the result you want, please post back here and include a link to your site so we can see what’s going on.

If you want to customize the search button text, or the text that appears in the search box, try the code snippets here (paste one or more of these snippets into Genesis –> Custom Code –> Custom Functions):

http://my.studiopress.com/snippets/search-form/

I love WordPress, Genesis, and the Prose child theme (my complete guide to using Prose is here: SiteSetupKit.com). Say hi on Twitter: @wendycholbi

Gary10
    Participant

Thank you Essaysnark & Wendy Yes, my reference is to the nav here in the forum. Sorry for being cryptic, ’twas unintentional.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.