Add Sidebar to Minimum Theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Add Sidebar to Minimum Theme

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kent 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kent
    Participant

Hi all.

I’m interested in adding a left sidebar to the Minimum theme, i.e. so I can have a sidebar-content-sidebar setup. I’m sorta familiar with this type of operation, but wanted to see if anyone had done it already and had any tips/ideas or knew of any links/tutorials that discussed this.

Is there any way to ‘pull’ code from another theme that features 2 sidebars and just modify it or am I better off starting from scratch?

There’s no site for this yet – it’s still in the dev stages (in my head) :)

Thanks,
    -Kent

Dad. Biker. Designer. | kentfackenthall.com | Circle me on Google+, and say hi so I can add you to my WordPress circle!

Anita
    Participant

Look in your functions.php file first – you should see where sidebar-content-sidebar has been “removed”. If you see it – remove that line and it should restore that functionality. Then look in your Style.css for Sidebar-Alt. If you don’t have that – you can take that from another theme to bring in some styling.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

Kent
    Participant

Thanks for that, Anita. I ‘un-removed’ the other sidebar option, but there’s no sidebar alt in the CSS. I’ll dig around and see if I can scavenge some code from another theme.

Would copying all the existing sidebar CSS and renaming it ‘sidebar-alt’ work? Maybe I’ll try that.

Dad. Biker. Designer. | kentfackenthall.com | Circle me on Google+, and say hi so I can add you to my WordPress circle!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.