Add Slider to Executive Pro Theme Porfolio Page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Add Slider to Executive Pro Theme Porfolio Page

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

dman630
    Participant

I would like to add a slider to the portfolio archive page. I’m using the revolution slider plugin which allows for a short code to be inserted on the page. Has any one tried this before and if so how did you go about doing this? The slider works on a regular page so everything appears to be functioning fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.rtmassociates.com.php53-9.dfw1-2.websitetestlink.com/portfolio/

braddalton
    Participant

In which hook position do you want to display the slider?

I’m assuming before the content?

Could you also please link to the slider documentation page.

dman630
    Participant

Hi Brad,

Yes, the genesis before content hook is the correct location. Here is the documentation link for the revolution slider. http://www.orbis-ingenieria.com/code/documentation/documentation.html#!/documenter_cover

braddalton
    Participant

Please copy the code from the view raw link and paste it at the end of your child themes functions.php file using a text editor like Notepad++

Replace the short code with your own.

dman630
    Participant

Thank you so much for your assistance Brad, this works perfect! I really appreciate your help with this. I have a couple of questions. Will I be able to write copy underneath the slider and will it only display on the archive page and not the portfolio type page?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  dman630.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  dman630.

braddalton
    Participant

1. Will I be able to write copy underneath the slider? Try this to find out.
    2. will it only display on the archive page and not the portfolio type page? Change the conditional tag if needed.

dman630
    Participant

Sounds good, will do, thanks again.

cangri787
    Participant

Hi Brad, will this work for a google maps shortcode also? Im trying to add a google map on the same position this slider was placed. Thanks

braddalton
    Participant

Should do as that’s the way to hook in any shortcode from your child theme using a custom function.

I tested it using the native WordPress gallery shortcodes and the excellent Gravity forms shortcodes and it works.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.