Add text after #footer-widgets and before .footer-widgets-1

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Add text after #footer-widgets and before .footer-widgets-1

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nutsandbolts 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

optimus203
    Participant

How do I go about adding a line of text after #footer-widgets div and before the .footer-widgets-1 div? Using the Outreach theme.

nutsandbolts

You could add a full width footer widget before the existing footer widgets. That would give you a place to put your text.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

optimus203
    Participant

But I want it to reside within the #footer-widgets div

nutsandbolts

If you use the same hook as the existing footer widgets and place it above them in the list of registered sidebars in functions.php, it should be inside the footer-widgets div.

I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

optimus203
    Participant

The theme is just registering the widget areas via:

add_theme_support( ‘genesis-footer-widgets’, 4 );

There is no genesis_register_sidebar section for these widgets. Make sense? Sorry, I’m still a noob with this framework.

nutsandbolts

Okay. In that case you can still force priority. This article explains a little more about that: http://www.carriedils.com/genesis-2-0-hooks/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.