Add to a page an automatically generated list of posts with specific tag

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Add to a page an automatically generated list of posts with specific tag

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tarax69 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

tarax69

Hi, I’m new to customization of WordPress sites. I have setup a couple of sites myself on a hosted web server. I run Genesis, with the Metro Pro Theme. Not sure if any of that is even relevant for my question which is:

Is it possible to add code on a page to automatically list all posts with a certain tag? Let’s say some of my posts are tagged with ‘japan’, and on a page I want to have a list that is always up to date showing an alphabetically sorted list of links to all my posts concerning Japan. If at a later stage I add another post tagged ‘japan’ I want that new post to automatically be listed as well.

braddalton
    Participant

Yes. Create a new WP_Query and hook it in using the genesis_content hook or hard code it into a template.

Or you can simply use the built in tag archives so all you need to do is tag each post with japan like a category archive http://my.studiopress.com/themes/metro/#demo-full

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

tarax69

Thanks Brad! Any chance you could provide a simple example of how I would add a WP_Query using the genesis_content hook on a page?

Right now, since I am new to this, Googling it simply overwhelms me with too much info, and it is hard to find the right place to start.

braddalton
    Participant

Like this http://wpsites.net/wordpress-tips/display-a-list-of-posts-in-specific-category-in-any-theme/

But if you want the entire page to list all existing and future posts tagged with one specific tag, there’s no need to do anything.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

tarax69

Thanks. I’ll have a go at it :-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.