Add "updated" to the Post Date. (To get rid of Google Plus Rich Snippet error)

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Add "updated" to the Post Date. (To get rid of Google Plus Rich Snippet error)

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BrettOnTheNet 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

BrettOnTheNet
    Participant

Hi there

I’m trying to get my G+ Authorship set up properly, but I’m getting an error from the rich snippet tester… “Warning: Missing required field “updated”.”

I believe this can be fixed by adding “updated” to the Class of that element (the date above the post). But that’s where I get stuck. How do I do this? I believe that it might be a shortcode that needs changing, but I am unsure of the best way to do that. Is it done in functions.php of my child theme?

I am using Eleven40 child theme.

[EDIT - Ignore the following. I have solved that now]

Also, while I am here. Ideally I would like the author name above the post to link to the G+ Profile. At the moment I have a G+ social button in the footer doing that role for me, but in the long term that won’t work because I will have multiple authors on the site.

I don’t want to use an author box under each post, as I have a profile in the sidebar, and to have it again under the post would be overkill. I will be the biggest contributor.

So I want to link the name above the post to the Google Plus profile, rather than to an archive page. Or I guess having the link to an archive page would be fine, as long as that links to G+

Any assistance will be much appreciated!

Thanks

Brett

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  BrettOnTheNet.

pauldewouters
    Participant

BrettOnTheNet
    Participant

Awesome. Thanks Paul.  That looks great.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Add "updated" to the Post Date. (To get rid of Google Plus Rich Snippet error)’ is closed to new replies.