Add widget in Blog sidebar

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Add widget in Blog sidebar

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dimitris74 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

dimitris74

I am using Parallax Pro and the full width content layout settings. I want my Home page to be in full width but my Blog page to have a sidebar with Search, Recent Posts and Categories widgets. I tried to enable a different layout for my Blog page but it didn’t work, I still get full width content and no sidebar. My Blog page is using the Blog template and is also selected as the page for the posts in the Reading settings. How can I add a sidebar to the Blog page when I have a full width layout?

http://www.quirkify.com/blog/

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

Backup before making changes !

1. Remove or comment out following code in front-page.php file

//* Force full width content layout
    		add_filter( 'genesis_pre_get_option_site_layout', '__genesis_return_full_width_content' );

2. Add following code to functions.php file

function full_width_layout_single_posts( $opt ) {
    if ( is_home() ) {
        $opt = 'full-width-content'; 
        return $opt;

}  
    }

3. Change default layout in Genesis setting to ‘content – sidebar’

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

mccooles

Hi Davinder,

I am having the same problem as dimitris74. I just want to have the sid-bar when I click on Blog on my nav bar.

Just so I am clear – your code will enable me to have a side bar on my Blog Page, correct?

We are not talking Blog Post Pages, correct?

Thank you.
    Monthida

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

Above code will make homepage full width and all other pages + posts ‘content – sidebar’.

If you want to specifically define different layout for posts, pages and other formats in Genesis theme, then use Genesis Layout Extras plugin – https://wordpress.org/plugins/genesis-layout-extras/

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

dimitris74

Thanks Davinder,

I made the changes but in the end the sidebar didn’t blend well with the rest of the site so I decided to leave everything as full width.

Thanks
    Dimitris

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.