Adding a Custom Widget to Sidebar that is Different per Page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Adding a Custom Widget to Sidebar that is Different per Page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ravx
    Participant

Hi, is there a way to add a custom item to the sidebar that I can edit per page individually?

Out of the box, if I put a widget in the sidebar, it’s the same widget across the entire site.

I want to have a widget in the sidebar that I can edit the content to be different on every single post. Example, a buy now button with a different link for each product.

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

You could use a plugin like Widget Context to display certain widgets on certain pages or posts, but it would likely be really time-consuming to have a different one for every single post. Another option might be the Genesis Simple Sidebars plugin, which allows you to have multiple sidebars and swap them on a page-by-page or post-by-post basis.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

peoplespaces
    Participant

Simple Edits is a cool Plugin. Does exactly that.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  peoplespaces.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  peoplespaces.

braddalton
    Participant
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.