Adding a fixed overlay image to a scrolling background

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Adding a fixed overlay image to a scrolling background

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cehwitham 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

moco
    Participant

Hi,

Here’s what I’m trying to do:  Create a scrolling background with a fixed overlay image on top.  I’ve Googled my a$$ off and still can’t find a solution (well, a simple solution, anyway).  I’ve also tried the “Background Manager” plugin, which sorta works, but the overlay repeats and both images are fixed, so it’s not ideal.

Here’s a link to the really messy test site I’m working things out on:  http://treats2.howsitrate.com/

I’d like for the girl with the umbrella to be fixed with a cloud background that scrolls, making it look like she’s floating down.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any ideas you can give me,

Monique

cehwitham
    Participant

Hi Monique,

The link to your test site doesn’t appear to be working? Can you provide an up to date link and I’ll take a look at this for you.

I would have thought you could set the body background to scroll ie the clouds then absolutely position a wrapper div over it with the fixed image as the background but it’d be helpful to see your site to give further details.

Chris

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.