Adding a Forum to site

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Adding a Forum to site

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  atg 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

atg
    Participant

I apologize if this question has already been addressed, but I was unable to find it in the archives.

I’m wondering if you can recommend a forum plugin to use with the “News” theme. I have explored many of the options out there, free and paid, but haven’t really found anything I’m that crazy about.

I love the look of the new StudioPress forum and would appreciate any advice you have regarding usability and compatibility with Genesis.

Thanks.

Bill Murray
    Participant

Do a search here on SimplePress. I’ve made several posts that discuss forum software.

This forum is bbPress. It’s less robust than SimplePress but it’s promoted by the WP team. SimplePress is GPL and is well supported, but it is quasi-premium – ie, it is free to download and use, but support costs $. Andy & Steve (the SimplePress guys) do a great job on support, and most support issues occur on start up.

Another option is to use phpBB or vBulletin. Those standalone programs would not integrate with your WP user list, though.

Whichever choice you make, you’ll need to style the forum to look like the site that surrounds it.

Web: https://wpperform.com or Twitter: @wpperform

We do managed WordPress hosting.

markthedoc
    Participant

I’ve added bbPress to a few WordPress sites I’ve created. I stumbled across this guide recently which I wish I’d seen before I started using bbPress. It would have saved me a lot of time.

atg
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.