Adding a Java Script in a sidebar widget

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Adding a Java Script in a sidebar widget

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  JLHalsted 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I want to insert an affiliate code in the home bottom #2 widget area on Unfortunately  WP doesn’t like the code. :(

I’m not really good with code, though I can poke about if I have good direction.

This is the only place I plan to use this code, so I don’t want to add a plug in or do a call to code. Is it possible to just code that individual widget?

This is the code:

<OBJECT classid=”clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000″ codebase=”” id=”Player_bb2d55c8-4f8a-4a9f-ac29-bc6a64aa9b9b”  WIDTH=”160px” HEIGHT=”600px”> <PARAM NAME=”movie” VALUE=””><PARAM NAME=”quality” VALUE=”high”><PARAM NAME=”bgcolor” VALUE=”#FFFFFF”><PARAM NAME=”allowscriptaccess” VALUE=”always”><embed src=”” id=”Player_bb2d55c8-4f8a-4a9f-ac29-bc6a64aa9b9b” quality=”high” bgcolor=”#ffffff” name=”Player_bb2d55c8-4f8a-4a9f-ac29-bc6a64aa9b9b” allowscriptaccess=”always”  type=”application/x-shockwave-flash” align=”middle” height=”600px” width=”160px”></embed></OBJECT> <NOSCRIPT><A HREF=””> Widgets</A></NOSCRIPT>

Thanks so much for any advice!

Which spot in the sidebar is that in, how are you adding it, and what happens?

Hi Nick.  Was trying to put it into bottom widget #2 on the front page; then I tried to place it on the blog sidebar.  I inserted the code above and saw nothing.  It was just blank.  I have removed the code and inserted an image instead (on the blog sidebar), but can replace the code if you would like me to.

Chris Cree

Stupid question here, but this site isn’t on a Multisite install is it? If it is then unless you have SuperAdmin rights it will strip most object embeds and scripts from your widgets on you.

Hi Chris.  Nope, not on a multi-site install…  It’s all on its own…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.