Adding a sticky ‘Back to top’ using jQuery impossible with Prose?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Adding a sticky ‘Back to top’ using jQuery impossible with Prose?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ozzy 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Steve
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’ve spent days using the Prose child theme and I find interesting the way we can customize it through custom.css and custom.php files.

I’m searching a way to integrate a sticky ‘Back to top’ with a smooth auto-scroll effect. A plugin isn’t necessary and I don’t want to use one for that little thing. There is a light and efficient solution in this link: http://agyuku.net/2009/05/back-to-top-link-using-jquery/

I’m trying to reproduce it but it doesn’t work with Prose theme and I can’t figure it out.

This simple html line “<div id=”toTop”>Back to Top</div>” seems to be hard to include!

In custom.php I tried with “echo “<div>”;” and “<?php echo “<div>”; ?>” but nothing happens. I thought it should work using “echo” as for any php file but maybe I’m missing something with Genesis?

And adding the “<div id=”toTop”>Back to Top</div>” code directly in a text widget doesn’t work too.

Maybe somebody can explain me how we can create the div with Prose?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ozzy
    Participant

You could try adding this:

[php]add_action( ‘genesis_after’, ‘custom_backtotop_button’, 1);

function custom_backtotop_button() {

echo ‘<div id="toTop">’;

echo ‘^ Back to Top’;

echo ‘</div>’;

}[/php]

to the custom.php and it should add the div onto the page

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.