Adding a widgetized area for 3 horizontal widgets

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Adding a widgetized area for 3 horizontal widgets

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

anitac
    Participant

I understand how to add a widgetized area but I think my problem is getting the widgets that go in there to line up horizontally. I haven’t selected a theme yet, but all of the moderators say that whatever I want to do can be done with all the themes.

So, I want a horizontal widget – say Main Middle. I can create that using this – http://my.studiopress.com/tutorials/register-widget-area/. But when I add 3 widgets inside there – how can I get those three widgets to line up horizontal – next to each other? Is that something in the CSS or CSS and a combination of Home? I am stuck at this part. Is this the right way or do I need to create 3 different widgetized areas and then line them up next to each other?

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Susan

You would register 3 widget areas (giving them each a different name).

Then, you would need to style them in CSS, because you need each area to be only 1/3 the width of the content (assuming you’re wanting 3 same size widget areas).

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.