Adding an alternative footer – Agency Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Adding an alternative footer – Agency Theme

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Eiger 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Eiger
    Participant

Hi

I need an alternative widgetised footer – can anyone please tell me how to achieve that with the Agency theme?

Thanks

Steve

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

Do you want to add another set of 3 footer widgets besides using existing 3 footer widgets?

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

Eiger
    Participant

Yes & No – I want to add an alternative footer-xyx.php file that has three widget areas in addition to the three standard ones so I can assign a different footer to a particular page ie my forum page

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

You can use code shared on this webpage – http://www.basicwp.com/add-new-widget-genesis-homepage/

It adds new widget area on homepage, you can modify to display on specific page.

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

Eiger
    Participant

Thanks I managed to add the widget area and it did show as a single column ‘sidebar’ at the top of the home page as that webpage stated but that’s not where I want this footer ‘sidebar’ to appear. I’m using bbPress plugin and changed the code from “is_home” to “is_forums” and it crashed the home page and no pages would appear…

This is the code I’m using in my functions.php file – how do I get this to show only on my bbPress forum pages within Genesis?

/** added for forum footer */

/** from basicwp.com/add-new-widget-genesis-homepage/ */
    genesis_register_sidebar( array(
    ‘id’ => ‘footer-forum’,
    ‘name’ => __( ‘Forum Footer’, ‘custom’ ),
    ‘description’ => __( ‘This footer will appear instead of the primary footer, when the forum page template is used.’, ‘custom’ ),
    ) );

/** forum footer section */
    add_action( ‘genesis_before_footer’, ‘news_footer_forum’, 9 );
    function news_footer_forum() {
    if ( is_forum() && is_active_sidebar( ‘footer-forum’ ) ) {
    echo ‘<div class=”footer-forum”>';
    dynamic_sidebar( ‘footer-forum’ );
    echo ‘</div><!– end .footer-forum –>';
    }
    }

The bottom line is I need a different three column widgetised footer to appear on all my forum pages only and no where else in the site.

Thanks again for the help.

Eiger
    Participant

bump

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.