Adding Comments To Pages

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Adding Comments To Pages

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  australianbluegrass.com 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Nick Ellison
    Participant

Hi. I want to have comments on pages. I’m using the Generate theme, I found the code I think I need to add to the pages.php file, (below) but I can’t find that file, I only see it in Genesis (where the notes say not to edit it) I don’t see it in Generate anywhere. Can anyone help please?

<?php comments_template(); ?>

Nick Ellison
    Participant

Ok sorry ignore that, I found the option in the Genesis settings :)

One thing I would like to know though, is it possible to switch the comments off on a few selected pages?

Nick Ellison
    Participant

Just to follow up on the last comment. I can see that you can tick a box to allow comments on each individual page, but it doesn’t work. It doesn’t activate the comments box. The weird thing is it’s kind of intermittent, it’s working on some pages but no others. I created a new page and it worked, I created another new page and it didn’t…  bit confused.. help!

Nick

Nick Ellison
    Participant

Ok I think I’ve worked out what’s causing it but don’t know how to fix it. Basically anything behind the premise membership wall won’t allow comments

I’ll submit a support ticket for this one I think.

australianbluegrass.com
    Participant

Did you find a solution to this issue Nick.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.