Adding Custom Post Type Link in Breadcrumbs

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Adding Custom Post Type Link in Breadcrumbs

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  weslinda 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

weslinda
    Participant

Wondering how I can add a link to breadcrumbs for a post type when on a taxonomy archive. Basically, lets say I have a post type of Sermons. And then a taxonomy that is series. Right now, when the breadcrumbs are built, the post type isn’t added as a level.

Now: Home > Sermon Series

Would Like: Home > Sermons > Sermon Series

Any ideas how to make that happen with any great ease? I’ve dug a little, but I’m unsure of how this might work.

Loving the Genesis Life!

Ozzy
    Participant

have you tried modifying the breadcrumbs by using the code to modify them on this page: http://my.studiopress.com/snippets/breadcrumbs/ ?

weslinda
    Participant

Ozzy, yup. The issue is very specific to CPTs and it’s not one I’m really seeing any answers to. Outside of modifying the home link, then I can’t find an answer. It’s a little surprising that this isn’t built in.

Loving the Genesis Life!

Ozzy
    Participant

i guess i’d need to see how you’re registering your CPT’s because i think i have them working the way you’re wanting to on my site.

http://www.ozzyrodriguez.com/portfolio/design-and-development-for-appvance/

weslinda
    Participant

This is specific to a taxonomy archive. It works properly on a post in the post type, it’s the taxonomy archive where its not showing the cpt in the url structure. Is the page you’re linking to a taxonomy archive?

Loving the Genesis Life!

Gary Jones

Be aware that Genesis 2.0 specifically handles breadcrumbs for taxonomy archives, so any filter you do now may need tweaking.

Since taxonomies can be applied to multiple post types, it’s not easy to correctly work out which of those post types you want as the “parent” crumb. As such, in G 2.0 it’s treated like a standard archive (since that’s what a taxonomy archive is), albeit with a different filterable label and different filterable output.

Changes in Genesis 2.1 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.1, 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 (all 90 of them!) | @GaryJ

Ozzy
    Participant

yeah, it’s not a taxonomy archive, just a post inside of a CPT.

after reading @GaryJ posts, it may be worth upgrading to 2.0 and seeing if it makes your life easier as whatever you do before may need to be modified after the upgrade anyways.

weslinda
    Participant

We’re playing the waiting game on Genesis 2.0 right, for WordPress 3.6? So we have no specific time table for that release?

Loving the Genesis Life!

Ozzy
    Participant

i think 2.0 is pretty stable at the moment.

Gary Jones

Yes – 2.0beta2 is stable enough to release new sites on. There’s a couple of small changes and fixes between beta 2 and what’s currently committed, but not enough to stop you from going for it.

Changes in Genesis 2.1 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.1, 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 (all 90 of them!) | @GaryJ

weslinda
    Participant

I’ll take a peek at it. Always a little concerned as we’re rolling this out as a client site, but I’ll test it a bit. Thanks.

Loving the Genesis Life!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.