Adding Home Featured Widget for Outreach Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Adding Home Featured Widget for Outreach Theme

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rosemcafee 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

rosemcafee
    Participant

Someone posted this tutorial http://wpsites.net/web-design/adding-duplicating-home-page-widgets-genesis/
    and it was fairly easy to duplicate the codes for a 2nd widget within functions.php and home.php but i can’t fine the corresponding section in style.css for the Outreach child theme. Adding the duplicate codes generated the 2nd widget in the dashboard but i can’t make it work coz i haven’t coded the css.

My goal is to separate my slider in the first home-featured widget and have a separate box for the other posts

Sridhar Katakam
    Participant

rosemcafee
    Participant

Hi. I put in those codes, however, the pages /posts go to the side of the (first) home featured and not under it { outside the viewing area). Help? Thanks for the input.

rosemcafee
    Participant

where should i put the css codes?

rosemcafee
    Participant

I’m sorry :(( but also the home.php only has “add_action( ‘genesis_meta’, ‘outreach_home_featured’ );

instead of add_action( ‘genesis_loop’, ‘outreach_home_featured’ );

rosemcafee
    Participant

Ok. I added width: 100% so now the widget is working and where it should be. Thank you for your help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.