Adding New Div to Minimum Home Page – Help!

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Adding New Div to Minimum Home Page – Help!

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andrea Rennick 12 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

BossLady
    Participant

Hi… AnitaC if you see this it’s one of those things where I thought I had it, but not quite… I added it just fine and got it working on the real site and the test site just fine, but really only sort of – I would like it to have its own div. Being new to Genesis I’m struggling to figure out how in the world to get it in its own div after the 4 featured section. Please advise.

The divs look like this in Firefox:

Hi… AnitaC if you see this it’s one of those things where I thought I had it, but not quite… I added it just fine and got it working on the real site and the test site just fine, but really only sort of – I would like it to have its own div. Being new to Genesis I’m struggling to figure out how in the world to get it in its own div after the 4 featured section. Please advise.

The divs look like this in Firefox:

div id=”header”
    div id=”nav”
    div id=”home-slider”
    div id=”page-title”
    div id=”home-featured”
    div id=”inner”
    div class=”wrap”
    div id=”content-sidebar-wrap”
    div id=”content” class=”heed”
    div id=”soliloquy-4″ class=”widget soliloquy”

I gave it an id of “portfolio-slider” but I don’t even see it showing up in Firefox.
    I have got to move on to styling the rest of this bad boy so it can go live soon. Not changing my login/pw just yet so you can look on the test site, since I’ve rearranged and deleted so much from the “real” one.

Thanks so much – it’s absolutely killing my brain from the inside out. Please save me from myself!!

Edit: Sorry.. tried code tag. Messed something up and it didn’t work out. Obviously those are all wrapped in <> ;-)

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

Have you added the code to home.php? You can add the div there.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.