adding social icon to author box

Community Forums Forums General Discussion adding social icon to author box

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  alison 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

authorityseo
    Participant

In the bio for the author box I can add html for a link to go to my Google+ page though it strips out the code to open in a second window.  Also I added the code to make the link the Google+ icon which I prefer.

I am not sure why it is doing this.  I can ‘t be the only one who doesn’t want people leaving their site to go to Google+ and simply have it open in a new window.

I would really appreciate any help.

cdils
    Participant

Hi there,

The behavior is by design for security reasons, but there’s a workaround:

http://wpmu.org/enable-or-disable-all-html-tags-in-wordpress-author-biography-profiles/

Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

alison
    Participant

Hi Carrie,

I want to add paragraphs to my Author box, and tried your recommendation. But nothing changed. I am using the Modern Portfolio theme, in case that info helps. Still think your link is a great resource. :)

http://www.thesocialom.com/blog-comments-how-to-aggravate-social-media-expert-in-40-words-or-less/

Thank you!
    Alison

cdils
    Participant

Hi Alison,
    Looking at your source code, the paragraph tags were successfully added to your author box – you’re just missing the CSS to add the margin to them.

Try adding this:

.author-box p {
    margin-bottom: 20px; //change to however much margin you want
    }

Cheers,
    Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I host a weekly Genesis-focused podcast called Genesis Office Hours. I tweet @cdils.

alison
    Participant

Hi Carrie,

This worked perfectly!

Thanks so much.
    Alison

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.