Adding standard loop to Lifestyle-Pro

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Adding standard loop to Lifestyle-Pro

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cara 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Cara
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m trying to display a list of recent posts below the home top widget on a site. Currently I’m using the featured posts widget to display 3 recent posts in the home middle, but this doesn’t allow me to display navigation links to additional previous posts below the last post.

I tried using the Genesis Featured Widget Amplified, but I can’t get it to save the setting that displays all the content. I can only get it to display an excerpt, which is not what my client wants.

I also tried adding the Genesis Grid Loop code to the end of my front-page.php file but that just displays recent posts above the home-top widget area, and I need them to be below it.

Any thoughts are welcome! Thanks in advance.

http://www.laceandloyalty.com/

braddalton
    Participant

Did you get this fixed because i see the pagination?

This is what i use which you can modify http://wpsites.net/web-design/add-custom-genesis-loop-with-pagination-after-front-page-widgets/

Cara
    Participant

I played around it a little more and got something to work. I changed the code “add_action( ‘genesis_loop’, ‘lifestyle_homepage_widgets’ );” to ‘genesis_before_loop’. Then I deleted the remove_action that was removing the standard loop and it seemed to work.

I don’t really know if that was the best way to do it. I welcome any thoughts you have on which way is better! I will look into the link you just posted. Thank you so much for putting that together!

Thanks Brad!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.