Adding widget areas to the Mag Pro front page

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Adding widget areas to the Mag Pro front page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Callum
    Participant

Hi,

I’m looking at adding a widget are or two to the magazine pro front page. I’ve added widgets to other themes before, however I’m not 100% sure how to do what I want to do here.

I basically want a widget box below the logo/header and about the featured article and sidebar. It would be 100% of the width of the site etc (keeping in line with the left edge of the content and right edge of the sidebar. The second would just be a repeat of the first, so I can just replicate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.rugbycoaching.org

braddalton
    Participant

Try this http://my.studiopress.com/tutorials/register-widget-area/

You would use the genesis_after_header hook and the is_front_page conditional tag after the function.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Callum
    Participant

Thanks Brad

I took a few leaps of faith and I think it has come up ok, just need to style it up to be sure.

Thanks again.

Callum
    Participant

I’m pretty happy with the widget (thanks again Brad) but I can’t get the styling (the width quite right). If I set the width to a number (eg 930px) the widget is left aligned with the screen, not the content and sidebar. If I set it as a percentage it goes to the edge of the page.

If anyone could point me in the direction of the bit of code I’m missing I’d appreciate it.

braddalton
    Participant

What are you using the widget for?

Callum
    Participant

At the moment I have a slider in there. Which is fine as I can set the slider size. However, anything I ad to show below the slider (such as an optin form I want to ad) clings to the left hand side of the browser rather than inline with the rest of the page.

braddalton
    Participant

Must be a problem with the code. Please paste the code on Pastebin or Github Gists and link to it from here.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.