Adjust the width of Full Width Content (Minimum Theme)

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Adjust the width of Full Width Content (Minimum Theme)

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  olandandigdotcom 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

olandandigdotcom
    Participant

Hi guys, I am new here, and I am using the minimum theme. Can anyone help me to adjust the width of the layout Full Width Content. I like it to set to just 700px – just like this website http://www.sdavismedia.com/about/ of course in a center position. Thanks in advance.

http://demo.studiopress.com/minimum/layouts/fwc/

Stewart
    Participant

Hi

If you want just the content to be 700 pixels like the example you gave, open your style.css file and add the following to it:

#inner .wrap {
    	margin: 0 auto;
    	width: 700px
    }

If you want the entire page including menus etc to be 700 pixels go to line 172 of your style.css and adjust the width of the .wrap

Hope this helps

WordPress Developer – Need help upgrading to Genesis 2.0?My Blog
    Follow me on Twitter

olandandigdotcom
    Participant

Thanks a lot Stewart!

Also, If I have to remove the big “Mobile Responsive Design and subscribe now button”, how to do that in CSS?

I also wonder if there are any resources on how to edit CSS so I can check it online, as I really want to learn this things.

Thanks again and I really appreciate all the help!

Stewart
    Participant

The “Mobile Responsive Design and subscribe now button” should be a widget, what you need todo is login to your wordpress dashboard and go to Appearance > Widgets and change or remove that widget.

As far as resources a favorite of mine is Css Tricks , but there are many more out there. Do a google search and you will find loads :)

Stewart

Follow me on Twitter

olandandigdotcom
    Participant

Hi Stewart, thanks for the Css tricks, I’ve bookmarked the site. Anyway the  “Mobile Responsive Design and subscribe now button” is not in a widget. That’s what I thought before but I haven’t use any widget right now but still the button and the mobile responsive design (which is a site description) is visible.

Stewart
    Participant

Oh yeah sorry my mistake, the Responsive design is your page titles, to change this you have to edit page-title.php if i remember correctly.

Currently at the office at the moment will confirm this evening when I get home from work.

Stewart

Follow me on Twitter

olandandigdotcom
    Participant

Thank you Stewart, I appreciate your time.

olandandigdotcom
    Participant

Also, the code you gave above affects all layout, included the conten with sidebar. What if I only wanted to do that on Full Width layout. Is it possible? Thank you,

Stewart
    Participant

Try this for your full width content add the following to your style.css :

.full-width-content #inner .wrap {
    	margin: 0 auto;
    	max-width: 700px;
    }

Follow me on Twitter

olandandigdotcom
    Participant

Thanks it works!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.