Adjusting Blog Page in Prose Theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Adjusting Blog Page in Prose Theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  David Decker 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

lsjohnson
    Participant

Hello,

I am using the Prose Theme with a static front page and a separate blog page.

I wanted the blog page only to have a sidebar, specific to the blog page.  I tried to adjust the layout in the page editor, but no go.  I ended up installing a plugin called Layout Extras to force a sidebar onto the blog page.

Now, when I go back in to adjust the Theme Settings, I can change the display from post content to post excerpt and back, but I cannot change the number of posts displaying (I had it set to 1, cannot increase now).  Also, if I switch to navigating by category, the sidebar flips to the left side; if I go through the archive page to a particular month, the sidebar disappears.

I suspect I have made this more complicated than it needs to be–?

The page is here:

http://traversingz.com/pelerin/

Thanks very much for any suggestions/advice!

Chris Cree
    Participant

If you just want to have a different sidebar on your blog page you can use the Genesis Simple Sidebars plugin. I think that will be easier for you that the Layout Extras plugin.

David Decker

My “Genesis Layout Extras” plugin does – just like the name says – offer extended layout settings. It does nothing with replacing sidebars or such.

Yeah, “Genesis Simple Sidebars” plugin is what is needed for the solution here!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.