Adjusting the width of a post / page?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Adjusting the width of a post / page?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  gmb 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

gmb
    Participant

My main post and pages are set at a default of 575 pixels and I would like to resize them to 675 pixels.

I used this code:

.content-sidebar #content, .sidebar-content #content {
    width: 675px;

.pin_it-landing #content-sidebar-wrap, .content-sidebar #content-sidebar-wrap, .full-width-content #content-sidebar-wrap, .page-template-page_archive-php #content-sidebar-wrap, .sidebar-content #content-sidebar-wrap {
    width: 950px;
    }

The problem is that it also fixed my grid view to that size as well AND it no longer allows my post to resize if I shrink the browser window  which also affects how the post is viewed on mobile devices.

Any Thoughts?

gmb
    Participant

OK, this newbie figured it out, instead of cutting and pasting, I went thru and swapped out the numbers inside the CSS. All negative side effects removed and working as desired.

A walk in the park for you seasoned pros, but for a guy who never saw code before a few weeks ago, I feel like a just climbed Mount Everest :-)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.