Admin has gone blank on generate theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Admin has gone blank on generate theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Andrea Rennick 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

caseygraham

All of a sudden our admin panel has gone blank for all users. A site developer is saying there could be a bug in the theme, but didn’t see any other issues listed online.

Any thoughts or help you could offer?

Thanks!

http://caseygraham.com

nutsandbolts

Here’s an easy way to find out if the theme has a problem – access your site files via FTP or your host’s control panel and rename the /wp-content/themes/generate/ folder to something like /generate-old/. That will “break” the theme and force WordPress to activate one of the default themes instead. If you’re able to access your dashboard then, you’ll know there’s an issue in the theme files. You can always rename the folder and activate the theme again afterward.

Have you made any changes to functions.php in your theme folder? That’s usually the first place I look for any white screen issues. If you have copied and pasted any code snippets from other websites, a formatting error can sometimes take down the dashboard without throwing any visible PHP errors.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

You can also to the same to the plugins folder, call it plugins-old and that will tell you if it was a plugin.

80% of the issues we see that suddenly crop up are plugin related.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.