Advice on on dating site theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Advice on on dating site theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anita 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

outlawgt
    Participant

I bought this plugin to build a dating site the author who sells the plugin has hundreds of premium themes to use. But none of them impress me. I own the lifestyle theme which is a good theme but not sure if its the right theme to build a dating site.

Any studiopress theme you guys have in mind that would stand out. I was leaning towards blissful, or eleven40. Any input would be appreciated thanks.

Anita
    Participant

Which plugin did you purchase? That might help with selecting the appropriate theme.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

outlawgt
    Participant

WordPress Dating Plugin

http://www.datingsolutions.biz that’s the dating plugin website.

Anita
    Participant

What you could do is look at other dating websites, find some you like and then look at the selection of Studiopress themes that best match what you find. The themes they show in the Premium Themes are by various theme developers. I think they are just showing you what you can get and if you do, you’ll probably be clicking an affiliate link. Lifestyle has always been a great theme. You could use that or if you want something that more closely looks like their demo, you could use Focus – http://demo.studiopress.com/focus/.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

outlawgt
    Participant

Thanks for the advice, I like the focus theme. I’ll prob go with that or lifestyle.

outlawgt
    Participant

I was confused I thought all those themes were from the plugin author. If they’re “premium” and made by other devs then how would the author be able to have them for free.

Anita
    Participant

It says you have “access” to the premium and over 120 Premium themes and thousands of free on WordPress.org. I would check that premium area. A lot of those themes are old and I know for a fact that some had issues with a Timthumb hacking code. You would have to check the theme to make sure that the Timthumb issue had been solved before using it on a LIVE website. If you want a trusted theme – I would use the Genesis Framework and select a Genesis child theme.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.