Advice? Re: Using genesis_get_comments_template

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Advice? Re: Using genesis_get_comments_template

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  sheathe 2 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

sheathe
    Participant

I’m not sure of the proper terminology… but I have a special situation where I need to display comments from a specific post_id on a different page. I’d like to do this as simply as possible, and not have to fuss with reformatting the comments template etc. Ideally I’d like to be able to “pass” the specific post_id to whatever page I create (maybe via a shortcode?) so that the template knows what comments to display.

I have found a plugin called “Decent Comments” which allows me to display comments for a specific post_id using a shortcode, however it is not designed to display nested comments.

Even if I have to create 1 specific template for each post_id I want to show comments for, that would be fine.

Can I somehow pass post_id to “genesis_get_comments_template”?

Or can someone help clarify my thinking/approach on this?

* In case it helps, the reason I’m doing this is because the comments are testimonials and I want to display them on promotional pages so new ones are automatically added.

Thanks for any advice/help!

sheathe
    Participant

Hi,
    Just bumping this topic – can anyone offer any suggestions, or try and point me in the right direction?
    Thanks for your help.

sheathe
    Participant

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.