Agency 2: How to change header height & width?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Agency 2: How to change header height & width?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sunil 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

docmas
    Participant

Put up a header of 960 x 115 and it’s not high enough for the rest of page.  Also, the banner doesn’t spread out across length of blog page.  So need to know how to change height and width of banner.

http://thepassiondoctor.com

Thanks,

Adam

vic
    Participant

I see that you have added a blank space to either side of your banner image as is visible here : http://thepassiondoctor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/passiondoctorlogo.png and that is exactly what is showing up BUT the header is installed perfectly. Use your image editor program to change the header image (increase the size as per your need and get rid of the blank space) and upload it again, that will solve it.

docmas
    Participant

Vic,

The header instructions say (and seem to show), that the header will be cropped to 960 x 115, so no matter what size header I upload, it won’t display bigger.  Are you suggesting that isn’t true and that a higher and wider header WILL take up the space?  I didn’t add any blank space intentionally.

Thanks,

Adam

vic
    Participant

The blank space is taking up the area of your header that you claim is not full width. The image dimensions are correct but what you have put inside the image itself is the cause of the trouble. I am not suggesting that you need a higher and wider image, I am saying that the same image will do its job perfectly if only you used the space properly.

docmas
    Participant

Vic,

Okay, finally see what you meant, changed the image.  AND, I’d still like it to be higher, so how do I change Agency to accept higher headers (width is okay now).

Thanks,

Adam

Sunil
    Participant

Well, all I did was using the genesis simple hooks method to place the codes for my banner in the before-the-head hook. You can place any size of your banner this way.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.