Agency Header Height

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Agency Header Height

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tavisme 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

wp guy
    Participant

I would think this would have been simple. I’m using the Agency theme and to upload a header it defaults on 115px height. If I upload any image larger than that it wants me to crop it.

I imagined the solution would be to change the CSS from 115px to 200px and the PHP to 200px. Doesn’t work. If I go to upload my 200px height header it still wants me to crop it – even if I choose the advanced option which lets me define the height.

Any help appreciated.

jimdavis46
    Participant

To solve this problem in the Streamline child theme I had to create an image that was the height and max width of the #wrap div. In my case it was 110px by 960px.
    HTH
    Jim

pxforti
    Participant

Look in your theme functions.php for something like this (code is from streamline)

/** Add support for custom header */
    add_theme_support( ‘genesis-custom-header’, array( ‘width’ => 960, ‘height’ => 120 ) );

If you are adding a header image, it will be cropped to the dimensions shown above. Try adjusting the height in this code.

writeNowDesign
    WordPress and Ecommerce Website Design

pxforti
    Participant

Jim, once you change the header image height in the add_theme_support code, you will probably also have to adjust the header height in css.

writeNowDesign
    WordPress and Ecommerce Website Design

tavisme
    Participant

I am curious if the above suggestion worked. I need to accomplish the same thing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.