AGENCY Home Page Title

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks AGENCY Home Page Title

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tavisme 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

tavisme
    Participant

Using the Agency Theme, I added a home page using the custom link menu tab; however, the HOME  tab does not have a title.  I added the word HOME to the Navigation Label, but it still does not show up on the navigation tab.

Also, why do some of the navigation labels have a “-” after the page name?  How can I get rid of it.

http://www.frontrowcom.com

Thanks!

Frank
    Participant

Hi,

There is a difference between LABEL and TITLE; LABEL is the text that appears in the menu, and TITLE the text that appears when you hoover on the LABEL. You need to add the TITLES to the Menu LABELS.

Frank

tavisme
    Participant

Frank, thanks for the reply.  Perhaps I got some of my terminology wrong.

I am not having trouble with any of the navigation tabs except the HOME tab.  I need the TAB in the browser to have a the word HOME. I am not interesting in having the Title Attribute (text that appears when you hoover over the tab).

Thanks,

Frank
    Participant

Ok, I think you are refering to the Page Title. I see you have only a – (dash)

This is what you need to do:

Go to the SEO Settings of Genesis within wordpress, just below the Theme Setting of Genesis. This is located in the main menu of WordPress.

There is a section that says: “Homepage Settings” in the field “Homepage Document Title:” fill it with Home and that should do it.

tavisme
    Participant

Frank, thank you, that was too easy! I am not sure how I overlooked that.  It was under General Settings

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘AGENCY Home Page Title’ is closed to new replies.